Friday, August 12, 2005

Cancel the Dance of the Knives


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Good evening everyone



Gracious, I must appologize for my absence the last day.  Salish and I were just settling in to our room at the Hermatige when a carrier pigeon flew in the window and deposited a note on the desk.  It was from my son Connor begging me to perform my famous "Dance of the Knives" for the Queen.



I did pack my knives and my costume (made up of no less than seventy veils in all sorts of bright jewel tones).  Now how shall I explain this?  Well bother, I may as well jump right in and be honest with you all.   I do have some stage fright, and I was so terribly excited to perform for the the queen that when I was practising in front of Salish (and I had all 9 knives in the air) I tripped over three of my seventy veils!  I went flying, the knives went flying, and, well, you can see what happened to poor Salish.  Frankly, he came out of it better than I did.



I have decided that it is best if I play it safe and perform one of my favorite poems told to me as a child by my mother.  I will be posting it shortly.



Bobbi & Salish-the-Owl-on-the-injured-list

2 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Okanagan Valley Garden said...

Almost forgot! Thank you to www.pfabangalore.org/ story-owls.htm. I borrowed the owl photo from them.

Cheers,
Bobbi

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

It is my understanding that the Queen of the Amazons has a thing about knives so I have to tell you Bobbi, she will have loved this performance - even if poor Salish did not. Brilliant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home